Monday 27 March 2017

15/03/2017 - A good week

The last week has flown by and was great!  I had such a good time at Golden Plains.  I hired a mobility scooter which made getting around the site amongst the crowds really easy and added to the fun.  The halo (although beautifully decorated with flowers and glo sticks) was it's usual uncomfortable, annoying self but I embraced it as a different experience and it didn't hinder me too much.  Beer and Espresso Martinis helped:


I had lots of shout outs from the punters:

"You're amazing, you look beautiful"

"Good on you for making it here with that on your head"

"Woah, is that screwed into your skull, that's awesome" (glad someone thinks so)

And my favourite:

"I thought I was doing well bringing my two kids here but you're on a whole new level"

It made me feel really proud of myself and less self conscious.  A good music festival really brings out the best in people.  I got to hang out with my cousin all weekend and he was a total champ.  He let me be me and didn't baby me once.  And the staff, 'The Meredith Family', what can I say?  Such a beautiful bunch of friends to have.  I'm privileged to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20/06/2017 - It's been a while

I have been meaning to update this sooner but time is really getting away now I'm HALO free.  I re-read all my posts and it's weird ...