Monday 27 March 2017

08/03/2017 - Getting on with it

3 weeks, 1 appointment down.  The hair wash was GREAT, C helped and I swear I felt how dogs must feel when you scratch behind their ears:



 The pin re-tensioning didn't hurt and was only mildly uncomfortable.  Result!

On Saturday I went back to the festival site to attend a funeral for a great man whom my partner was close to and I had gotten to know.  It was rough.  I have never seen C cry and it was heartbreaking.  I wanted so much to hold him close and comfort him and I felt guilty that I couldn't.  I also couldn't go to the cemetery as it was baking hot and with the lambswool and metal pins I can't be in fierce, direct sunlight too long.  It was a privilege to be there at all, however, and I can visit him at the cemetery another time.  Luckily there were so many beautiful people there and so much support and love amongst them.  It was the usual mix of emotions but good to be able to grieve and share memories with those that were close to him.  We had a bit of a wake afterwards which made for a lovely, fitting tribute.

I coped fine in the caravan and on site which everyone (except C and I) was worried about.

(Relatives can stop reading alert...) 

We even got a little frisky and decided to give it a go, saying if it was awkward and rubbish we would just laugh and give up.  It was actually lovely.  I'm incredibly appreciative to have such a loving, patient, compassionate partner by my side through this ordeal.  My love and respect for him is immense.  You can go and throw up now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

20/06/2017 - It's been a while

I have been meaning to update this sooner but time is really getting away now I'm HALO free.  I re-read all my posts and it's weird ...