Thursday 6 April 2017

7/04/2017 - On the bright side

(over half way at time of posting!)


With my last post being so whiny, I'm counter-acting it with a more positive view.  My last appointment went well, the pins are behaving themselves and I'm on track to having this removed on 12th May.

I had a lovely weekend, hanging with C and friends, watching and playing music and fishing on a beautiful, secluded beach.  I actually managed to take my mind of the halo and really appreciate where my life is at.  Aside from the obvious, I'm in a good place and have a lot to be thankful for.

First and foremost, I am surrounded by wonderful people and lots of love and good energy.  My parents have called nearly every day and talked me through the tough times.  My bro and best mate have called, text and sent funny videos to cheer me  up.  I've gone on enough about how fortunate I am to have met C and have him in my life and he also comes with an amazing family.  His parents have welcomed me into their home and provided me with love, support, comfort, and care. His sisters are looking out for me, checking I'm going ok, lending an ear and keeping me entertained.  My friends are always sending beautiful wishes and words of support.

Secondly, living in Australia means I have access to appropriate medical care and treatment and I haven't had to pay outright for any of it.  Without a job, I can't imagine the predicament I would be in if this had happened somewhere like America.

Worse things happen to better people.  The halo is a conversation starter and people tend to tell me about injuries and illnesses that they, or their loved ones have experienced or are still going through.  This really puts a perspective on what I'm enduring, which will all be done and dusted in 5 weeks.

The halfway point has been significant in adjusting my mindset.   The last week has flown by.  This point seemed so unreachable 3 weeks ago, yet here I am. Can't wait to get the bloody thing off but I'm on the home stretch now and it will all be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20/06/2017 - It's been a while

I have been meaning to update this sooner but time is really getting away now I'm HALO free.  I re-read all my posts and it's weird ...